It’s that time of year again, where Winnipeggers are looking to get spooked, dress up in their scariest attire, and indulge in some miniature chocolate bars. Halloween may still be a few days away, but with the holiday landing on a Wednesday this year, there are tons of things to do this weekend to get in the spirit. Here is StreetSide’s list of the Top 8 Halloween Inspired things to do this weekend (for both kids and adults):
We’ll start the list off with some kid friendly activities:
1) Trick-or-Treating at StreetSide Display Suites!
Come down to one (or all) of our five display suites/presentation centres this weekend and we will have some Halloween treats to give away. While you’re there, we would love to take you on a tour of our suites. We are open on Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 PM. For more information on our various locations, click here
2) Halloween Spooktacular
– Assiniboine Park Zoo will be holding a SPOOKTACULAR weekend of Halloween activities on October 27 & 28th
. This will be fun for the whole family, including trick-or-treating stations, creepy animal zoo chats, wagon rides and more. For more info visit their website.
3) Halloween in the Forest
– Sunday, October, 28th
from 1:00pm -3:00pm, FortWhyte Alive, 1961 McCreary Road. Fort Whyte Alive will be hosting a family friendly event with a scavenger hunt in the forest and festive craft making. Bring the kids down to enjoy the outdoors. Click here for more information.
And for the adults looking to get spooked:
4) Winnipeg Ghost Walk –
Winnipeg’s longest running supernatural themed walking tour, Winnipeg Ghost Walk combines history and ghostly tales for all attendees. Walk throughout Winnipeg’s Exchange District and learn a little bit about the spooky history of our city. Tickets are $15 for adults. For more information on times visit their website
5) Fear Winnipeg – If you are looking to get scared, and we mean REALLY scared, Fear Winnipeg takes it to a whole new level. With four different experiences to choose from, including a zombie chase and a coffin escape, Fear Winnipeg guarantees you will leave terrified. The location of the secret warehouse isn’t revealed until your ticket is purchased! For more information visit their website.
6) A Nightmare on Donald Street at The MET, October 27, 2018. Winnipeg’s biggest Halloween costume party. The event features live sets from the city's top Djs! The event will also feature cash prizes for a variety of categories like Best Male Costume, Best Female Costume and Best Group Costume! For information on tickets, click here
7) Six Pines Haunted Attractions. Located just north of Winnipeg, Six Pines has been a favourite for Halloween enthusiasts for years! Their Halloween inspired activities include three haunted houses. For more information on location and ticket prices, click here.
8) Terror on 12 – Located just 20 minutes east of Winnipeg, Terror on 12 tells you to “expect the unexpected”. Prepare yourself for a 40 minute interactive haunted adventure that seemingly has no end, with live cast members that are waiting to scare the living daylights out of you! For more information on tickets and times visit www.terroron12.ca
Whether you are planning on hitting the city for some creepy festivities, or looking forward to relaxing at home with a few scary movies, we hope everyone has a safe Halloween weekend.